Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A fun day at Woodcraft

BDBConstruction wrote:

On Jan 26, 6:10Â*pm, "Leon" wrote:
snip
Oh yeah, that Scott guy from
American Workshop was there but no one seemed to be interested.

That gave me a chuckle, its an absolute sin that that guy has a
national show in the first place. I remember when he first started
about 10 years ago and thought it was bad. I recently forced myself to
watch a couple of the recent episodes and I cant figure how but they
have actually gotten worse, way worse. He is really bad. What really
ticked me off was the episodes a long while back when he was clearly
using the show as a way to bankroll his own house and surely got
thousands and thousands of dollars in sponsor donations and or
discounts. Several of the home/wwking shows have been doing that in
past years, Hometime is another.

I think what got me when I was watching his show 10 years or so ago was
seeing him do some cut with a plunge router, complete the cut and unplunge
the router, then sit there for about a minute lecturing that one should let
the router come to a complete stop before moving it. Pretty much tuned him
out after that.

I stopped watching after the Dallas PBS station started running bi-monthly
begathons and kept preempting Norm, Roy, and Scott for such top-shelf
classics as "Why Naomi Woolfe is an American Phenomenon" and the like.
Pretty much made coming back into the house on Saturday afternoons a waste
of time, so I stayed in the shop.