Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default GE magnetic contactor?

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:08:21 -0600, Ignoramus17333

On 2008-01-26, Grant Erwin wrote:
Ah. Bimetallic strip. Makes sense. Doesn't explain how the thumbwheel works,
but gives me a general idea.

probably adjusts tension on the strip

Correct. More tension, faster trip.

Gunner

Grant

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=re...wd1_FcldMO-zkA

On 2008-01-26, Grant Erwin wrote:

I picked up some '70s era GE NEMA 1 magnetic contactors, NOS, military
spares. They have overload relays that accept heater inserts and are
adjustable within ±15% of nominal via a thumbwheel. Clearly the heater
inserts are literally just that - they heat the inside of the overload
relay. Beyond that, though, I'm stumped. I'm trying to figure out how
these overload relays work. Anyone know? The overload relay number is
CR124 if that helps.

Grant