Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default A fun day at Woodcraft

wrote in message
Snip

I remember when Fein was the king of that store. No longer so;
Festool has a really large display that takes up more than any other
single brand in the store. I guess the Domino put the way over the
top the way the Fein Multimaster did for its company.

I had no idea there was such a hunger for high end (and expensive!)
power tools on a consumer level.

Shows what I know!

Robert

I was talking to my wife about that situation. I have noticed that Festool
is certainly going after the hobby market by being offered by Woodcraft and
the like stores. Seems you can buy Festool in any national wood working
store these days and the better known commercial stores. I am not sure I
had even seen a Festool 3 years ago although I had heard of them many years
ago. With so many tool manufacturers dumbing down their tools it leaves a
void for the hobbyist that wants a quality tool. Festool probably
recognized that void. Either way I am impressed with their pricing policy
that protects the dealer and requires the dealer to "sell" the product. And
hope that they are around for a very long time. The 3 Festool tools that I
have are a cut above any brand tool that I have ever owned. My old PC tools
were very close but not any more.