Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Drill Bit Recommendation

Old wood, plaster. and nails will be hard on any drill bit you
get. You can go through 3 to 5 of those paddle bits for the cost
of a good ship auger or a Milwaukee hole hawg spur bit. Kinda
depends on your needs. You will probably not be able to sharpen
either, but a file will touch up the cheap paddle bits without
needing to know much about sharpening.

Irwin has a new, very aggressive bit that is impressive:
http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/jhtml/browse.jhtml?catId=IrwinCat160001

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
. ..
I just burned up 2 good quality blade type wood bits in this old
house I am rehabbing (very hard wood and nails)trying to drill
holes for running my electrical. My guess is to just get a 5/8
metal bit. Any recommendations on what would work better?
Thanks.

Mike D.