Posted to alt.home.repair
Bernardo Gui Bernardo Gui is offline

Default Musing ........ rant

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 08:59:54 -0500, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message

Exactly. Why pay someone what comes out to over fifty dollars an hour for
something so simple as hanging doors, installing baseboard and putting on
locks?

Steve

Just two of may possible reasons.

You don't have the skill to DIY
You can earn $100 an hour at your skill/trade while paying someone $50 to
use theirs.

Not everyone has, or wants, the skills needed to hang a door. While you are
evidently fully capable, others are not. Just as you don't have the skills
to do some other jobs.

Even if you are a skilled DIY'er, it is good to hire a professional
the first time you do something complex. My pride can allow me to
admit not knowing all of the fine details and techniques of every
possible task in my home improvement projects on the first time that I
do them.

Bernardo