Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default Carver TX-2

wrote in message
I just got a Carver TX-2. It works great but when I use the auto-tune
it will only lock onto an even number freq. I think its set to the the
european freq standard. Does anyone know if it can be changed? I
thought there might be just a switch but I cant locate it. Thanks, Joe

If the unit is equipped with an AM section, see if it tunes in 9kHz
increments. If so this would confirm your theory about the Euro frequencies.

I'm not so sure this is your problem, however. The few Euro units I've seen
mostly tune in 50mHz steps on FM, unlike 100 mHz US models, but you could
still tune in a US station using such a tuner. Your tuner may have some
other issue - the discriminator out of adjustment, for example. This could
make it lock off to one side of station center frequency. Can you set the
tuning mode to "manual" (as opposed to "Auto") and get the correct frequency
to display?

If it is the Euro frequency issue, you can try pressing and holding a
certain button or say two buttons at once while plugging it in, or turning
on the power switch if it's a "hard" on-off type.
Sometimes the FM button or freq UP button while plugging in, for example.

You might get lucky.

Mark Z.