Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Jack Casuso Jack Casuso is offline

Default Dogwood??

Another animal wood that comes to mind is Lionheart (Pau Amarillo). I used
it on a toy chest but never turned it. It is yellow as the name Latin name
states. You might make a Zebrawood bowl with a Lionheart goblet as a
chaser. Sorry could not resist.
"mac davis" wrote in message
I hear about it in jokes here, but is there really a wood called dogwood?

I'm doing a charity show in April for the local animal shelter..
"Woofstock"..
They want a pet theme as much as possible, and I'm digging out the
zebrawood and
looking for canarywood, but if there really is dogwood, that would/wood be
pretty cool..

If it exists, is it turnable?
Where would I find it?

Any other suggestions of pet theme wood?

Thanks,

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing