Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce Barnett[_33_] Bruce Barnett[_33_] is offline

Default Horrid Fright flyer arrived

Too_Many_Tools writes:

And how does one learn to build fireworks professionally?
(When I was a kid I wanted to build them when I grew uo)

We have several professional companies nearby in upstate NY. A friend
in the business told me that if you are licensed, they get to inspect
your house any time of the day or night.

I don't know if this is true, but if so, that's enough to make some
people change their mind about the profession.

Finally how has the profession changed since 9/11?

I can't speak about DHS stuff. My friend did not want to be a licensed
pyrotechnician for the above reason - just an operator.

They commonly use electronic (and perhaps computer) controlled
ignition systems timed to music.

You have a score (the music) and you have to know the delay of each of
the charges, so they ignite at the proper time.