Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Musing ........ rant

"U.L. Tested" wrote in message ...

"Moo" wrote

What a bunch of crap. You must be a "professional". If everyone
believed this crap you could charge double.

I am a professional in my field, which is not construction. So, I totally
understand Kirk's point.

In most fields, newbies, apprentices, and such have a _lot_ to learn
before becoming a professional. All of us must start at the beginning, and
it takes years to become a professional.

I wouldn't dream of going back and starting at an inexperienced wage and
having to start at the beginning. Although, even being a professional,
learning new & better techiniques is an every day occurrence.

Practice doesn't make perfect, but perfect practice does. Exactly, what
don't you understand about being a professional?

How long do YOU think it would take a person of average intelligence to
learn to hang prehung doors, cut baseboard, and install indoor passage
locksets? With good tools.

Steve