Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Musing ........ rant

"Kirk R." wrote in message
The Reverend Natural Light wrote:
On Jan 25, 5:17 pm, "Kirk R." wrote:
If you're satisfied with an unprofessional job, why pay a professional?

I've been dissatisfied with the quality and workmanship of everything
I've ever paid a "professional" to do. DIY quality should be *at
least* as good as professional.

Professionals just don't have the time to do a really nice job. A pro
tiler has to start and finish a bathroom remodel in two days. I have
two months of spare time if that's what it takes to make the results
perfect.

Most DIYers are satisfied with their projects. But, they wouldn't know
where they messed up, unless their mistakes are pointed out by a
professional.

It's unfortunate, you do not know the meaning of a professional. A
professional always does the job correct, regardless the field or nature
of work.

If you don't know how to hire a professional, at least consult with
someone, which knows the industry and can hire a professional for you. As
you pointed out, you didn't know how to hire a professional, and the work
preformed can be very disappointing. Unfortunately, a large part of the
blame is on you. Thanks for sharing some of life's lessons.

"A professional always does the job correct, regardless the field or nature
of the work"?

Boy, you've either been smoking some REALLY GOOD **** or you are not from
this solar system. Which is it?

Steve