Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Scratch Ankle Scratch Ankle is offline

Default Dogwood??

there is dogwood. It is supposed to be the tree that was used to make the
cross Jesus was hung on. I doubt it is commercially available as it is a
small tree and I can't see it being viable for harvesting although I suppose
there might be some specialty place that handles it. Just for the heck of
it I did a quick Google and got nothing but I didn't put a lot of effort
into it. Someone on one of the groups had posted about turning it once --
supposed to turn well.

"mac davis" wrote in message
I hear about it in jokes here, but is there really a wood called dogwood?

I'm doing a charity show in April for the local animal shelter..
"Woofstock"..
They want a pet theme as much as possible, and I'm digging out the
zebrawood and
looking for canarywood, but if there really is dogwood, that would/wood be
pretty cool..

If it exists, is it turnable?
Where would I find it?

Any other suggestions of pet theme wood?

Thanks,

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing