Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help select deburring wheels...

wrote in message
I think you have the right brush. I'd recommend grinding it rather than
reversing it. If you've worn 20% of the original diameter, plan on replacing
it
fairly soon. Consider a Knot-type in .014 for gp duty or .020 for heavier duty
work.

I like the wider working surface of a 1" wide wheel, but this is not a
terribly powerful grinder (1/2hp, if that). I see that the knot
brushes in 6" mostly come in 1/2" width only. Am I asking for trouble
to run knot brushes in pairs or am I better off to just stick to
single wheels and plan on changing them out more often?

Thanks,
--Glenn Lyford

The knot-type will do a lot heavier work but you're right about the increased HP
requirements. All in all, wire wheels are cheap tools, even expensive ones.