Dave Liquorice

Default Pulling cabling through

On 30 Sep 2003 10:56:21 -0700, Charlie wrote:

Now my problem is do I run a new cable in some sticky back trunking
along the skirting and behind the kitchen cupboards where it can be
seen (concrete floors unfortunately) or do I try and pull a new
cable thru the existing boxing which also contains the pipework?

Pipework as in CH pipes to from boiler? Ordinary PVC cable doesn't
have a particulary high temperature rating. 80C+ from boiler pipework
probably exceeds it. I don't think we need be concerned about heating
from the load if you use 2.5mm.

Will the new cable be up to being pulled through about 15metres of
boxing, 2 walls and 3 corners.

If you can get clear straight runs you should be able to do it. No
chance around a corner, let alone 3.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail