Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default Musing ........ rant

On Jan 25, 6:04 pm, "Kirk R." wrote:

But, they wouldn't know
where they messed up, unless their mistakes are pointed out by a
professional.

It's pretty easy to tell if a wall is straight, a door closes, a
drywall joint is smooth, or a grout line is correct. This work isn't
rocket science.

It's unfortunate, you do not know the meaning of a professional. A
professional always does the job correct, regardless the field or nature
of work.

A professional does enough work to get paid and then leaves. They
don't have to live with the results.

As you pointed out, you didn't know how to hire a professional, and the
work preformed can be very disappointing. Unfortunately, a large part of
the blame is on you. Thanks for sharing some of life's lessons.

Sounds like I struck a nerve. You must be a contractor.

I can do *anything* any pro can do and I can do a better job - but -
it will take me 20 times as long to finish. I'm not doing it for a
paycheck. And I couldn't do it for a paycheck.