Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Musing ........ rant

SteveB wrote:

Just going over some proposals from a recently completing project ......

Hang six interior doors
Install baseboard in a 1,000 sf addition
Install door knobs and locks
Install door trim

NO PAINT OR TOUCH UP

$1,524 LABOR ONLY

I did the work myself. First doors I ever hung. A couple of burps, but the
doors work fine. Locks I know. Bought a second hand DeWalt compound miter
saw for $50. Bought a used Porter Cable nailer, $40.

Total cost, less than $250. Whoops, forgot the paint, which is another $25.
And I own the saw and nailer, which are slick. I can use them for lots of
other projects.

Why do some people think they're worth so much?

I can understand hvac and electric and plumbing and some of the specialty
trades. What's so hard about doors and trim?

Steve

License? Advertising? Vehicle? Insurance? Phone? Wages? Heck, the guy
probably also wants to
make a livng. What did you think a fair price?