Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison[_2_] Robert Allison[_2_] is offline

Default Musing ........ rant

SteveB wrote:
Just going over some proposals from a recently completing project ......

Hang six interior doors
Install baseboard in a 1,000 sf addition
Install door knobs and locks
Install door trim

NO PAINT OR TOUCH UP

$1,524 LABOR ONLY

I did the work myself. First doors I ever hung. A couple of burps, but the
doors work fine. Locks I know. Bought a second hand DeWalt compound miter
saw for $50. Bought a used Porter Cable nailer, $40.

Total cost, less than $250. Whoops, forgot the paint, which is another $25.
And I own the saw and nailer, which are slick. I can use them for lots of
other projects.

Why do some people think they're worth so much?

I can understand hvac and electric and plumbing and some of the specialty
trades. What's so hard about doors and trim?

Steve

What is so hard about HVAC, electrical and plumbing?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.