Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Stealing satellite

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:
]
So, is that the same as going to a library, checking out a book, copying
it,
and returning the book. I mean, they have the book back, don't they?

But the author loses out on royalty if you bought the book. Since you
took the time and effort to copy the book, you must want to keep a copy
and that is theft (okay technically copyright violation..)

I agree. I'm just playing devil's advocate here and asking so that people
who think theft and dishonesty is okay have a chance to explain themselves.

I DO have a problem, though, when I buy software, have multiple computers,
and want to put it on all of them. FOR PRIVATE USE. How many people have
more than one computer? Lots. Or one of them dies or I get rid of it, and
want to use that program again. I'm not talking about big programs, but the
little stuff. Especially when it's a ****5 program, and they're now up to
****11 version. Sounds like a can opener you buy, and you have to pay every
time you want to use it after the first time. Or, whoops, you take it
camping. Gotta pay to use it in a new location.

Steve