Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Stealing satellite

Kurt Ullman wrote in
:

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:

As I said previously,they ALREADY are putting their satellite signal
into my home;It's paid for regardless whether I rent one of their
decoder boxes. My providing my own decoder does not increase their
costs in any way.

It's no different than charging me for sunlight.

Of course it is. Sunlight is passive. You can enjoy it by merely
going
outside or even looking outside. But in order to get cable signals,

UH,the discussion was about SATELLITE;no different than sunlight.

CABLE is a hard-wired system you have to CONNECT to.Like putting a tap on
the water or electric mains.

you have to do something active. You have to get special equipment,
you have to find away around the security systems (which alone should
tell you something). About the only way the two are remotely the same
is if you start getting cable signals through your braces.

So,if I install my own solar panels,the power company can charge me for the
sunlight,because I had to do something "active" to get electricity from the
sunlight?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik