Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Stealing satellite

Kurt Ullman wrote in news:kurtullman-
:

In article ,
Sam E wrote:

IT IS NOT AT ALL THE SAME!! That use of electricity has a significant
effect on the provider (increasing the load on their equipment).
That's not at all comparable to reception of satellite signals, having
only a negligible effect on the source.

Yeah its not like they have to pay for the satellites of the
electricity to run the place or the programming or anything. It just
sorta appears out of thin air and you availing yourself of the stuff for
free doesn't really hurt anyone. Sorta like shoplifting in that someone
has to pay for "negligible effect".

As I said previously,they ALREADY are putting their satellite signal into
my home;It's paid for regardless whether I rent one of their decoder boxes.
My providing my own decoder does not increase their costs in any way.

It's no different than charging me for sunlight.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik