Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio
Fleetie Fleetie is offline

Default QUESTION: JBL Speaker Rattle

"Arfa Daily" wrote
That said, I'm also at a bit of a loss to explain why Keith got so worked up on this one. I used to spend quite a bit of time on
UKRA, and had many interesting and friendly exchanges with Keith over the years, and indeed, many other 'regulars' over there. I
have seen some pretty fierce flame wars on that group, which Keith and others have been dragged into, but I can't remember ever
seeing him get quite this vehement in his responses. He is an experienced computer and Usenet user, so is certainly capable of
researching past postings from anyone. So I'm sure that there must be a reason that he reacted like this, because based on my
past interactions with him, I would definitely have had him down as one of the 'good guys'.

Keith isn't usually this unreasonable and rude. However, ISTR that I've seen
him blow up like this before, though I can't cite specific examples.

It seems clear to me what's happened he Keith was in a bad mood and bored
one day, so saw EADGBE's post and decided to fire a rocket at him for ****s and
giggles, but there was robust criticism of that move from various quarters in
s.e.r. because of the crosspost and the fact that Keith isn't a subscriber to
that group. The magnitude of the criticism was sufficient to re-ignite Keith's
fury to heights anew after he would otherwise have calmed down, and things
escalated with each post, and he found himself in a situation from which
he couldn't (well, wouldn't) back down. This destructive meltdown persisted for
days and days, with everyone who wasn't suffering from the red mist
(i.e. everyone except Keith) criticising Keith and the same getting more and
more incandescent with the passage of time, culminating in meltdown and
flounce - and all experienced net contributors know that flouncers, almost
without exception, soon return.

I found it highly amusing, for all the "wrong" reasons. Keith was bang out of
order on this occasion and refused to admit it.

It was an entertaining show. I've nothing personally against Keith. He's
almost always been ok to me. But the fact remains that he's been very wrong
this time, and he refused to admit it.

Martin
--
M.A.Poyser Tel.: 07967 110890