Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al A. Al A. is offline

Default source for motor brushes?

Thanks for all the replies, guys. I had not thought of a tool place,
that's an option to try. I figured that I may have to sand some to fit,
but the few I found at one small local HW store were all too small in
one dimension or the other. It looked like they had just a few stray
boxes with no plans to reorder. All of the on-line places had the same
issue as Graingers, large minimums, etc.

I am not in a panic for these, I just have this really nice DC motor
that I think may be just the thing for an old vertical bandsaw I'm
cleaning up. I have a nice speed control for it and hate to see it go
unused for want of a couple of dumb brushes.

Roy and Errol, thanks for the offers to help out, much appreciated.
I'm going to do a bit more local hunting, if that does not pan out, I
may be in touch.

And Yes, Bob E., it was McKitterick's. It is like a trip back in time
there, especially if they have to take you a few floors down in that
OLD (OLD,OLD...) freight elevator. The place could be a museum. Thanks
for mentioning O'connors, I should have thought of that. Maybe take a
ride out there tomorrow and check.

Thanks again!

-AL A.