Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default flexible copper pipe "plumb sticks" or pipe bending

In article ,
Fred wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:55:47 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

How about 45 degree elbows?

I've never seen 45deg elbows.

Probably only in solder fittings.

I'm not sure whether there's enough room to use two 90deg elbows

Hence the 45 degree ones - will give a smaller minimum offset. Which you
can adjust by the length of the pipe between then. With care that can be
so short that they butt together.

but I thought using too many elbows was frowned upon, and I thought they
reduced flow or something?

As will adding your bendy pipe. Or any bends, come to that. Correctly
soldered elbows with careful pipe preparation will introduce less
resistance than any other type of fitting.

--
*Most people have more than the average number of legs*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.