Posted to alt.home.repair
gary gary is offline

Default how to place fireplace in bedroom?

I pretended I was in the "bed" and was watching TV. It is directly across
from the bed and because the fireplace/TV will be so far from the foot of
the bed ~ 6', any height on the TV will be comfortable.

Which is in contrast to what I have now, a 21" TV on a 5' bureau 1' away
from the foot of the bed. That hurts the neck muscles!! LOL

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
Gary wrote:

How do I go about figuring what would look good in proportions? ie
how do I determine the height of the fireplace and placing of mantle
and tv to look good? Are there any standard guidelines that builders
use?

The first thing I would be concerned with is: at what height will the tv
be comfortable for watching? Function over form is what matters in that
regard.