Posted to alt.home.repair
gary gary is offline

Default how to place fireplace in bedroom?

Oh, and the fireplace is 36" wide and 31" high.

"Gary" wrote in message
I am frameing a gas fireplace im a masterbedroom which will have a
flatscreen over it with a small mantle. I am going to use cultured stone
to finish the face of the wall. the wall is about 6 feet wide and is 8'
tall.

How do I go about figuring what would look good in proportions? ie how do
I determine the height of the fireplace and placing of mantle and tv to
look good? Are there any standard guidelines that builders use?

TIA