Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2378 Ignoramus2378 is offline

Default Horrid Fright flyer arrived

On 2008-01-24, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Ignoramus2378 wrote:
On 2008-01-24, Pete C. wrote:

Louis Ohland wrote:

Wow, nose hair trimmer for 5.99, and a clip on super magnet that will
improve my mileage up to 25%!!!

Hot damn, where's the tater salad?

They call me "tater salad"

Have you seen item# 96701 yet? The 95563 ultrasonic cleaner is quite
nice when on sale / coupon for about $60. The 94217 scanner works quite
well.

Ultimately, you just need to get to the physical HF store to see things
yourself since their inventory ranges from crap through cheap but
serviceable to rather nice and good value. Several times I've looked at
items on display in the store and decided "I guess it will do", and when
I uncrate the thing at home I find it's noticeably better than the one
on display.

They have a very interesting item, a ratchet for sockets that can be
operated by turning the handle along its axis (inline).

Is that just like a breaker bar with a hinged head, or is it more
sophisticated than that?

More sophisticated. It turns the socket as you turn the handle either
way. The socket turns in direction depending on the rotation switch,
but not depending on which way you turn the handle. Very nice. I
bought one recently, but have not used besides just trying its
movement.