Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default flexible copper pipe "plumb sticks" or pipe bending

On Jan 24, 3:34*pm, Fred wrote:
Hello,

What are your thoughts on these flexible "plumb sticks"? I was
wondering whether to use one as I have an S-shape to fit and its near
to the boiler so I cannot use plastic.

Why not? Just use right angles instead. Or is the difference in
alignment too small for two RA pushfits?

I've seen these flexible pipes in Focus, B&Q, etc. would they be
suitable? Are there any problems with using them?

Absolutely fecking brilliant invention! Only thing is, even the ends
are thinner than normal pipe and easily deformed. No problem mating
with compression or plastic push fit.

Does anyone else sell them?

Don't think Tesco do, nor Waitrose, so no.

The ones in the shops are 350mm which is
bigger than I really need. Google hasn't been much help. Does anyone
sell shorter ones?

I haven't seen them. Homebase do longer ones.

If not, how easy is it to put an S bend into 22mm copper? I've never
used a pipe bender before.

I wouldn't bother unless you need the bender for other jobs.

MBQ