Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim[_2_] Tim[_2_] is offline

Default PEX tools

I'm considering buying crimping tool(s) for pex in 1/2 and 3/4". BUT
it seems there's about a million and five different ones on the internet
and ebay. Could someone experienced in PEX plumbing recommend a crimper
or crimpers for a homeowner with occasional use?

Cheap and it works - makes as solid a crimp as the $200 'pro' crimpers,
and can fit into much tighter areas.

I don't know squat about the tools mentioned but a's comment about tight
spaces is spot on. My buddy came to my double-wide cabin to help with
my PEX and I noted that one handle of his crimper appeared to have
broken off. "Nope", he says. 'I cut it off so that I could get into
tighter quarters".

I know what you mean. The 1" PEX crimpers we have at work have very long
handles. What we did was cut off one side and drilled it out. Then studded
the other side. Now, you can unthread one side and then put it back when
you done using it in a confined area.

One day though I am going to buy the guys new crimpers as they make some
smaller ones now.

Tim