Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robbo[_3_] Robbo[_3_] is offline

Default Question: Temp reached by black anodized aluminum in direct sun

"Jordan" wrote in message
u...
Jon Anderson wrote:
Robbo wrote:

Anyone suggested Sikaflex 291? It may be worth a look:

Tensile strength of only 260psi, otherwise seems to have some decent
numbers. It's listed as a sealant though, not for bonding.

Jon

I've used Sikaflex on my boat. It may not be promoted as a glue, but I was
chewing bits of it off my fingers for several days afterwards. It made me
think it's probably not such a bad bonding product!

Jordan

Some of the data sheets refer to it as an adhesive.

"Sikaflex®-291 is a one-component, low viscous, medium modulus,
polyurethane-based sealing/adhesive compound. This all-purpose grade is used
for general ..."

It sticks like sh*t to a blanket. There are primers that improve bonding,
however it seems to work quite well without it.