Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Question: Temp reached by black anodized aluminum in direct sun

wrote:

I have a patented (US) high flow air cleaner system for Evo's and
TC's. It didn't mean squat in th' real world when not only th' design
aspects were ripped off by arlen ness, but H-D also stole th' ****in'
name. They have bigger lawyers than I do. Game over.

I hear ya. We were at the Easy Riders show in Sacramento
last week. Just walking around and talking to people. We
were very careful to not let some people see our product.
Not to say we would be ripped off, just to be safe. Any
larger builder than had his own manufacturing, we skipped,
like Paul Yaffe. We talked to him a bit about his parts, and
when he said he manufactured his own products, we
complimented him on being all USA made, and moved on.

Did talk to a couple smaller builders that really liked what
we had and want to use it on upcoming projects. And once
we're sorted out and ready to really produce, we'll approach
OCC and some of the big name builders. Last will be trying
to get into J&P, Custom Chrome, etc.

It's damned tough for the little guy. Any such that innovate
have just drawn a bulls eye on their backs if they are
successful at all, or have a good idea but lack distribution.

We have trademarked our company name/logo and will be
trademarking the name of this particular line of parts.
That's a lot cheaper than a patent and it's easier to nail
someone for trademark infringement than for patent infringement.

Were you driven entirely out of the market? Did you ever
actually manufacture any yourself? If so, are you still
making them?

Jon