Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default PING Robo Hippy re shear cutting

In article ,
(Arch) wrote:

Hi Ralph, Thanks for your suggestion. A big SRG sounds like a good
idea. It should offer a more vertical shearing angle than a spindle
gouge. Trouble is those big gouges are hard to find used and new, too
expensive to play with.

Does Jim use his reverse ground SRG frequently or just showed that the
grind and technique does work? I seldom if ever use mine, but I thought
Tom might find the method fun and maybe helpful.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

It was a demo, so how often, I wouldn't know. As for finding one, check
out Benjamins' Best http://www.pennstateind.com/store/lx240.html I
bought one, but have yet to use it for anything but roughing (my does
LARGE work well)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv