Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Default Drywall ceiling - basement

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"a" wrote in message news:Qbulj.23624$yQ1.23297@edtnps89...
wrote:
On Jan 22, 12:03?pm, wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:06:07 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

. ?But overall, I think the look of a drywalled
ceiling is so much more worth it than a dropped ceiling, which looks
very commercial and industrial to me. ?Some people like it, my wife
and I do not. ?
And, from my experience, you and your wife are among the vast
majority. ?

I do a couple of dozen basement developments a year. ? Haven't done
one with a suspened ceiling for almost ten years. ? ?Don't know anyone
who has. ?

Generally we move the plumbing and gas shut offs into the furnace room
... in most new houses, they're there already. ?

As to "junction boxes" ... there shouldn't be any. ?

Ken ?
you arent around for the troubles when the whatever buried in the
cieling has failed....

its nasty and can add lots of expense to a otherwise easily fixed
problem

WTF do you think is in my rec-room ceiling that will "fail"?

Some of us mentioned the possible problems because wet sheetrock is NOT
FUNNY. Although it might be as likely as being hit by lightning, pipes to
develop leaks. You may have heard of this. Or not.

So what do those with suspended ceilings do? Launder the panels?