Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Default Drywall ceiling - basement

wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:06:07 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

. But overall, I think the look of a drywalled
ceiling is so much more worth it than a dropped ceiling, which looks
very commercial and industrial to me. Some people like it, my wife
and I do not.

And, from my experience, you and your wife are among the vast
majority.

I do a couple of dozen basement developments a year. Haven't done
one with a suspened ceiling for almost ten years. Don't know anyone
who has.

Generally we move the plumbing and gas shut offs into the furnace room
... in most new houses, they're there already.

As to "junction boxes" ... there shouldn't be any.

Ken

Exactly! All my plumbing is in a column over the unfinished utility room.
No j-boxes, and if I need new electrical anywhere - I fish it like a pro
does - I don't rip everything down!