Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Lamp part repair

"ssylee" wrote in message
I'm planning to repair the lamp as shown in
http://imagebin.ca/view/rQE4qg8b.html
. I'm confused what's the black part called as I suspect that
particular part is the culprit of the light bulb not turning on (the
light bulb is brand new and the contacts looked burnt). Any
suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks!

The socket?

It's easy enough to do, however if you have to ask what it's called, I
suggest you do some reading or get someone experienced to help you, or just
buy a new lamp. Done wrong it can be a shock or fire hazzard.

Google replacing a lamp socket, there should be some DIY resources out
there. Any hardware store or book store will have DIY electrical or general
home repair books will have pictures and instructions for tasks like that. A
book is a good investment that you can use for other projects too.