Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Lamp part repair

I'm planning to repair the lamp as shown in http://imagebin.ca/view/rQE4qg8b.html
.. I'm confused what's the black part called as I suspect that
particular part is the culprit of the light bulb not turning on (the
light bulb is brand new and the contacts looked burnt). Any
suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 22, 2:18*pm, ssylee wrote:
I'm planning to repair the lamp as shown inhttp://imagebin.ca/view/rQE4qg8b.html
. I'm confused what's the black part called as I suspect that
particular part is the culprit of the light bulb not turning on (the
light bulb is brand new and the contacts looked burnt). Any
suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks!

Socket.

Can be found in various iterations at Home Depot. If you can afford
it, get one that is ceramic vs. bakelite or plastic.

http://www.mylampparts.com/index.php?cPath=175_655_687 if it will
fit. Otherwise:

http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/...et-600380.aspx

http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/...et-622656.aspx

Mind the exposed connections on the back of it, especially if that is
a metal housing. You may have to transfer the cover cap from the old
one.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"ssylee" wrote in message
I'm planning to repair the lamp as shown in
http://imagebin.ca/view/rQE4qg8b.html
. I'm confused what's the black part called as I suspect that
particular part is the culprit of the light bulb not turning on (the
light bulb is brand new and the contacts looked burnt). Any
suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks!

The socket?

It's easy enough to do, however if you have to ask what it's called, I
suggest you do some reading or get someone experienced to help you, or just
buy a new lamp. Done wrong it can be a shock or fire hazzard.

Google replacing a lamp socket, there should be some DIY resources out
there. Any hardware store or book store will have DIY electrical or general
home repair books will have pictures and instructions for tasks like that. A
book is a good investment that you can use for other projects too.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc mc is offline

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"ssylee" wrote in message
I'm planning to repair the lamp as shown in
http://imagebin.ca/view/rQE4qg8b.html
. I'm confused what's the black part called as I suspect that
particular part is the culprit of the light bulb not turning on (the
light bulb is brand new and the contacts looked burnt). Any
suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks!

The socket?

It's easy enough to do, however if you have to ask what it's called, I
suggest you do some reading or get someone experienced to help you, or
just buy a new lamp. Done wrong it can be a shock or fire hazzard.

Wise advice. I always tell people that their very first electronics project
should not be something safety-critical.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc mc is offline

"ssylee" wrote in message
I'm planning to repair the lamp as shown in
http://imagebin.ca/view/rQE4qg8b.html
. I'm confused what's the black part called as I suspect that
particular part is the culprit of the light bulb not turning on (the
light bulb is brand new and the contacts looked burnt). Any
suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks!

The socket?

It's easy enough to do, however if you have to ask what it's called, I
suggest you do some reading or get someone experienced to help you, or
just buy a new lamp. Done wrong it can be a shock or fire hazzard.

Also, it could be a very quick job for an appliance repair shop.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tov Tov is offline

On Jan 22, 7:18*pm, ssylee wrote:
I'm planning to repair the lamp as shown inhttp://imagebin.ca/view/rQE4qg8b.html
. I'm confused what's the black part called as I suspect that
particular part is the culprit of the light bulb not turning on (the
light bulb is brand new and the contacts looked burnt). Any
suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks!

You haven't been using a higher-rated bulb than the lamp can take,
have you?

Laptop LCD lamp repair... Inverter or lamp? [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 August 5th 07 06:08 PM
HDTV LAMP FOR PANASONIC DLP PROJECTIONS TV PT52DL52 , PART # TEEC0024-1 FOR SALE $295 EACH, YES IN STOCK ! john Electronics Repair 2 January 26th 06 09:28 PM
lamp repair alexbartman UK diy 3 February 4th 05 05:36 PM
Lamp socket repair Matt Zack Home Repair 4 February 2nd 05 12:20 AM
Samsung HLN-507W PROJECTION TV LAMP - NEW = PART # BP96-00224A john Electronics Repair 0 December 10th 03 08:18 PM