Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default plywood or presswood

lerameur wrote:
On Jan 21, 4:23 pm, "LLBrown" wrote:
just want to know whch one to use, plywood will work in time?
making cracks on the board?
ken

Ken,
I think everyone is confused. Do you mean "plywood will work"
or "plywood will warp" in time?

LLB

My friend said that plywood will not work because it will bend and
twist with time, thus causing crack on the board I will take a
picture of the unfinish board tonight. I agree with press wood will
not be good if it has water on it, then again, I dont need to use
the board as a raft, It will be setting on 6 or eight legs on the
counter, so away from water... I think, unless I am forgetting
something

Washing?
_____________

How big is this thing anyway?

You said you used 200 blocks each 2x4x2 inches and that it is 2 inches
thick. That means the surface area is 1600 square inches (2*4*200).
That's better than 11 square feet!!! Are you making a chopping board
or a counter top?

Whether or not it needs some sort of sub-base for support really
depends on how big it is. For a normally sized chopping block - even
a big one - 6-8 feet would be more than adequate support. Of course,
if the surface area is really 11+ square feet and you are chopping up
sides of beef with an axe then the feet aren't going to "cut" it.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...