Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Washing machine motor tripping RCD?

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:30:59 GMT, wrote:

I recently replaced my aging AEG with a miele. seems quite good.

They seem to have a good rep ...

The denmise
of the aEG was a programmer fault.

Ok .. and a part I probably try to hard to fix (too complex).

Several years ago I replaced the motor
with a second hand one from a local shop due to a burnt out armature.

Ok ..

I may
still have the old one.

Like you do ;-)

If you can post a picture somewhere I could check,

Ok, well if you would mind emailing me I could send one to you
directly (I don't have posting page / blog / Facebook nonsense) ;-)

and I could post on the stator if it would fit for the cost of the postage.

Well you are very kind, thanks.

I think the first step then (as it seems an exchange motor might be
unlikely) could be to take this one to bits and see what I find.

All the best and thanks again ..

T i m