Posted to uk.d-i-y
adder1969 adder1969 is offline

Default Washing machine motor tripping RCD?

On Jan 22, 12:26*pm, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 03:47:23 -0800 (PST),adder1969

wrote:
p.s. I just spoke to the spares place I got my tumble dryer parts from
.. *£317.99 for a new motor ...

On mine, I managed to find the same motor but for a different model
and had to swap over the belt pulleys. *Otherwise I think mine was
more like £120.

Sfunny, I was just wandering around ebay and you can buy a new motor
for other brands for about 60 quid and that got me wondering ...

I think with mine it was something like the actual replacement model
was old/obselete/expensive and the newer ones were for faster spin
machines but had exactly the same frame and connections. The only
difference was the pulley. I spent quite a bit of time looking on the
internet for my model *and* for others to see what fits what. That
meant I could search on more terms to see if there was anything out
there. I think my replacement was something like 55 quid.