Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine motor tripping RCD?

T i m wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 02:43:05 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

p.s. I think I've found a couple of site selling new motors and they
are around 220 quid! I wonder if a local motor 're-winder' would do it
cheaper?

find a place that does *exchange* motors.

Yes, I get it, but of the searches I've done for appliance spares on
the net (all the real shops were closed yesterday evening) those that
do 'exchange' units, don't show one for my model.

But I'm still looking! ;-)

Now if you happen to have some details for this "tiny man in a tiny
shop off the Exning road in Newmarket" please ... ?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. I just spoke to the spares place I got my tumble dryer parts from
.. �317.99 for a new motor ...

Go to yellow pages and look under domestic appliance repairs.

Get phoning.

BTW here is a copy of a reply to an Email I sent last night. ;-)

Thank you for your enquiry to the Sunvic Technical Helpdesk.
Detailed our response to your query.
Hopefully this will address your issues.
If you have any further queries, do not hesitate to contact us
either by phone 01698 810945 or e-mail

We don't want to have disgruntled customers. You should get
significantly longer life from this product. If you supply me with your
address I'll arrange to have a replacement sent to you free of charge.

----- Original Message ----- From: XXXXXXXXX
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 2:51 AM
Subject: TLX 1206

Yesterday I phoned you about a TLX1206 RF receiver that had given up

the ghost after just over a year ..

You informed me it was out of warranty.
No spares were available.

I have been unable to source the receiver on its own anywhere, only

sold as a pair with the RFD thermostat..Despite the fact that it
allegedly will work with multiple thermostats..

So, after a year of use, at significant cost, I have to spend 75 quid

again on a complete new system?

Tell me ONE good reason why I would EVER buy a Sunvic unit again. For

ANYTHING, Or recommend that anyone else does.

Yours