Posted to uk.d-i-y
adder1969 adder1969 is offline

Default Washing machine motor tripping RCD?

On Jan 22, 10:03*am, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 02:43:05 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

p.s. I think I've found a couple of site selling new motors and they
are around 220 quid! I wonder if a local motor 're-winder' would do it
cheaper?

find a place that does *exchange* motors.

Yes, I get it, but of the searches I've done for appliance spares on
the net (all the real shops were closed yesterday evening) *those that
do 'exchange' units, don't show one for my model.

But I'm still looking! ;-)

Now if you happen to have some details for this "tiny man in a tiny
shop off the Exning road in Newmarket" please ... ?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. I just spoke to the spares place I got my tumble dryer parts from
.. *£317.99 for a new motor ...

On mine, I managed to find the same motor but for a different model
and had to swap over the belt pulleys. Otherwise I think mine was
more like £120.