Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks Sparks is offline

Default Single Phase Backup Generator to Three Phase Mains Supply?

wrote in message
I have a 6.5kw 220v single phase generator that I want to wire up to
supply backup supply to a couple of offices in my house. The mains
supply in the house is three phase 220v...
Is there a way to wire this up? Something like an isolator/generator
switch on one of the phases (as long as the offices are on the same
phase)? I don't want to go to the additional expense of purchasing a 3
phase generator or a single to three phase converter but would like
backup power into the office circuits. I'm not too concerned about
have the entire house on the generator but do need the offices....
Thanks

Something like this
http://www.briggsandstrattongenerato...ertransfer.htm
connected to one of the phases then to a new consumer unit, supplying power
to both offices would work.
This would then allow you to power everything on this new consumer unit from
the generator in a power cut.

Sparks...