Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Single Phase Backup Generator to Three Phase Mains Supply?

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:27:11 -0800 (PST) someone who may be
wrote this:-

I have a 6.5kw 220v single phase generator that I want to wire up to
supply backup supply to a couple of offices in my house. The mains
supply in the house is three phase 220v...

I doubt it, especially in the UK. If you are not in the UK perhaps
you could say where this house is.

Is there a way to wire this up? Something like an isolator/generator
switch on one of the phases (as long as the offices are on the same
phase)?

There are ways. However, the confused nature of your description
implies to me that you don't have the necessary knowledge of
electrical systems to do this safely. There are a number of things
which might trap the unwary, for example earthing arrangements.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh