Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
TomNie TomNie is offline

Default PING Robo Hippy re shear cutting

One last thing I should probably add is that this problem started when I
started undercut edge bowls.

"TomNie" wrote in message
Robo
You answered the Oland Tool post with a shear cut remark.

I'm anal about a smooth, flowing finish but a find the scraper is not that
easy to just slide through a continuous cut. This could be my inexperience
trying to use that way. Further, since it's flat, I find it awkward to
bring up enough for a shear cut.

So, I'm thinking of a way too expensive tool at Klingspor's that has a
removable curving plus flat cutter attached to a stout round bar that has
some 1/4" flat on it. Seems this could be maneuvered a lot easier.

Your thoughts? Or anybody else's?

TomNie