Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Question: Temp reached by black anodized aluminum in direct sun

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:54:34 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"charlie" quickly quoth:

the black tinted rear window of my vette will get hot enough that it can't
be touched with bare skin in the summer. i have to wear an oven mitt to
close it. i'd say it would be at least 150F.

When I attended UTI in Phoenix in '72, I came out to go to school one
fine December morning. It was 17 degrees. When I came out at noon to
go to lunch, I couldn't touch my white Ford Ranch Wagon. It was 110F
in the shade. That's the desert for ya: one helluva range in weather
in one day.

--
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
-- Mark Twain