Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Washing machine motor tripping RCD?

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 00:18:06 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Where did you get yours from please?

A tiny man in a tiny shop off the Exning road in Newmarket, Suffolk.

Hmm, that's only a gallon away from Norf Lundin in the Rover. ;-)

The point being that if you totally destroy it in an effort to find the
problem, it may not be part exchangeable.

Understood. However I am generally very careful with such things ..
make suitable marks so it can all go back together etc. The bottom
line is that if I *knew* there was an exchange motor out there for 50
quid I'd probably leave this one alone and go straight for it. But as
I'm not that lucky the more practical solution /for me/ is to see if I
can (gently) take it to bits and locate the problem. If in so doing I
make the motor un-exchangeable I'm no worse off, I've still got a duff
motor on what I think I've found is a 1993 washing machine so will
probably have to get a new machine?

Which reminds me. I have a radio stat thats ceased to deliver its all.

Must go and slap some DC on ot and see what gives..

Good luck .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m