Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine motor tripping RCD?

"T i m" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:02:03 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

The actual windings are very low ohms of course (7 or so) so this 18k
obviously isn't a winding directly shorting on the frame so insulation
breakdown seems likely, however, I'm still hoping that there is some
carbon brush build up actually between where the flex joins the
winding and that a wash off might sort it (I said hopefully ...) ;-)

I too would be inclined to try giving the stator windings a wash down, you
have nothing to loose. It might be as simple as the exposed bare wire at the
joint - as per your own suggestion. Out of curiosity, what fluid were you
thinking of using for the actual 'wash'?