Posted to rec.woodworking
henry henry is offline

Default Comcast

I have one phone line with Comcast and one with Verison only because
Comcast couldnt handle a fax ring. I am very happy with both
companies. My comcast internet couldnt be any better. The Comcast TV
part Iam not as happy about only because of the steady price increase
each year. The way i understand it that each town decides what
channels. Our town does not have the same channels as some other
surrounding towns with comcast.There is a board of citizens that
decide for the whole town and negociate things like a free public
access channel, and what chanels There are some towns (very few ) that
own the cables and put the service out for bids. I remember a
economics professor saying that ATT had a monoply because you cant
have 7 telephone poles on each corner. Now we share the distribution
and allow different gas, electric, long distance carriers to sell the
goods. Someday cable will be that way and should bring the cost down
and service up.I would speak to your local Houston area board before
blaming Comcast.