Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Birds pecking at roof shingles

clipped

Or at least keep fish off the roof !!!! LOL

That fish line would have to be pretty close together. It only takes
a 1/4" hole to stick a beak thru.

The idea would be to keep them from landing on the roof. The open air
rest. had line spaced about 6" apart,
vert and horiz. Gulls are nasty pests around here and tourists like to
feed them. Wire is another trick used around here
because birds won't land on it.

By the way, they make plastic owls to keep birds away. Most garden
shops should have them. I dont know if they really work and for what
kind of birds. Of course a plastic cat with a speaker inside that
meows all day long would work too. You might end up losing your mind
and have your neighbors calling the cops though

Plastic owls do nothing. Most of the birds around here are street smart
- they show up as
soon as we bait a hook to go fish from our dock.