Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default 'Stoopid' door question...

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:13:29 GMT, a wrote:

Pat wrote:
"a" wrote in message news%Nkj.8944$vp3.2624@edtnps90...
Is a LH Inswing door identical to a RH Outswing door, just turned front to
back 180°?

Stand in the door with your back to the hinges. If the door opens to your
right then it is right hand. Similiar for left. Whether it is in or out
swing is your choice.

It makes a big difference when you buy a pre-hung door though - it's
already in the jam so it's 'swingedness' is already decided when I order...

A local *real* door store; here, demonstrates the door swings using
the western saloon style doors. The buyer can show the guy the swing
and buy a custom ordered door. Hinge side and swing it the only way I
remember

Oren