Posted to alt.home.repair
a a is offline

Default 'Stoopid' door question...

Joseph Meehan wrote:

"a" wrote in message news%Nkj.8944$vp3.2624@edtnps90...
Is a LH Inswing door identical to a RH Outswing door, just turned
front to back 180°?

No. If you turned it around it would open in rather than out.

Aha - see - I want an outswing RH Door. From this page:
http://www.homesteadhardware.com/help_and_info.htm (Handing Section)

The door on the upper left is the same door on the lower right and vise
versa, no? Just depends on what side you're standing on!

I want a closet door with the hinges on the right and when I open it from
outside the closet (in the rec room), I want it to swing toward me - not
into the closet.

The door in the lower right is the one - so I need a RH outswing, or a LH
inswing?