Posted to alt.home.repair
Moo[_2_] Moo[_2_] is offline

Default garage door opener

"rfofaky" wrote in message
I have a strange problem with my opener. It works fine with the wall mount
control, but with the car remotes, it will only open. The car remotes won't
close the opener. I have to get out of the car, close the door with the
wall control, and then run out before the door closes.

This is an older Craftsmen opener. Any idea's on what the problem could
be?

Thank you.

Are you sure it won't close with the remote - have you tried it while parked
in the gargage?

If you've got a cold garage like me (given that it is -17 today, the garage
will be around 20) then the battery will cool to such a point that its
signal is very weak. So weak that it will work when I'm parked in the
gargage, 5 feet under the unit, but not when I've backed out 20 feet. That
would be my best bet. I started taking the remote into the house at night.

Moo